home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Open House Sunday

You know I love vintage and historic homes.
I admire modern homes but I could never live in one...but this one....this one I could live in.
What do you think of it?
I love the large expanse of white brick in the living room and the furniture 
is super eclectic
which is another reason why I love this home.
 
How about that yellow niche in the wall? Super pretty...I say.
And of course I like that blue table.
 Well, it's pretty obvious why I like this house...it's got lots of vintage going on 
with it's furnishings. All of this would be right at home in my own house.
 Here we have traditional cabinets in the kitchen. Love the addition of the ladder.
 Bohemian bedroom
Oh...this bathroom is over the top great.
I love that sort of sink. Love the white tile every where.
And of course everyone needs french doors to the outside off the bath.
This house is out in the country where this idea would work.
You might get out of the shower one day to find a cow in your bathroom though.
Which actually sound divine to me....or is it bovine to me!
 I love the way the porch almost looks like it's still being constructed.
It's not...but it gives that feeling and I like it!

What do you think of this one?
I'm sorry...I have no idea where I found this house.
It is labeled HOMESetc but I couldn't find a website.
I think it's a overseas magazine.

I got a new neighbor across the street last week.
My friend Harold has moved to Chicago.
I'll miss him but the new neighbors put out loads of 
pumpkins on the porch and in the flower beds.

So I like them already.
Plus they have two very nice dogs.


Pillow giveaway is still going on....
click below to enter


6 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

well you know that I LOVE Modern but I'm not so sure about this one.
My concerns would be that staircase and little ones being pushed off of it as they raced up and down.
I liked the big chunky yellow table.
But not a fan of that porch that looks undone. Nope. Kinda hate that.
Maybe it's because it reminds me of MY house. (uncompleted projects).
I do like their collections although all of it would be broken in my home within hours.
But Hey! Thanks for a different Open House!

And I know exactly what you mean about new neighbors. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when my neighbors moved in and I saw a cat in their window and 2 dogs in the yard! LOL!

vintage girl at heart said...

i could make it work mainly because of that white brick! it's so neat.
the new neighbors sound nice.
hopefully you will be able to show us what they do with the place. :) pumpkins and pups are a perfect start!
happy wonderful okie weather!

Renee said...

I'm with you...much more vintage than modern, HOWEVER, I too, could live in this house! Love that bathroom.

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Wow, I'm speechless!
The house is amazing . . . and its surroundings is incredible! Wow.
Thanks so much for sharing, Nita!
Have a great week,
Suzanne

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Wow, I'm speechless!
The house is amazing . . . and its surroundings is incredible! Wow.
Thanks so much for sharing, Nita!
Have a great week,
Suzanne

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love it. I have a 40s home, and it definitely has several "vintage" looking features: the white brick, the planked ceiling, and the floors.