home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Mod Mix Monday #196

 via

Loving all these bright pastels!

Thanks to all that wrote expressing concern over my post July 4th blues.
Not to worry it's nothing super serious...but I do go into a funk after the 4th every year.
It makes me feel like summer is ending although I know it's just starting.
It stems from childhood. 
My Mom taught school and the 4th is when she started talking
about getting ready for the new school year.
She would go back the first week in August. My Dad hated it when she went back.
But she had to go back. They both had to work. And she wanted to work.
But school came first before everything else and we all felt it.
And now...as a middle aged adult...I still can't get over that feeling of dread that 
the summer is ending...even when it doesn't effect me at all any more. 

But all of you seem to be having a great summer! Just look at the things you are creating!
Sarah of Edea Smith made a very pretty display using a vintage window.
 Karen of Somewhat Quirky Design shared this headboard that she painted in a fabulous way!
 You'll be amazed by all the gorgeous flowers growing in Priscilla's front yard!
 Darrielle of DD's Cottage gave a little look of her home. This is her newly done vintage bath.
I love everything about this!
 Mary of Orphans with Make Up painted this little vanity and added some extra special details.
I'd love to sit at this to do my makeup each morning!
 And finally look at this media center Kris of Junk Chic Cottage created to house her
60 inch tv!


Join me in this week's Mod Mix Monday!
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.



13 comments:

DD's Cottage said...

Love your party every week and thanks again for the feature of my bathroom!

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting, Nita. I hope you have a great week.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Thanks for hosting, Nita! Wonderful features this week! I get the blues when school starts up in the fall. Silly but true.
Vickie

Angie at Postcards from the Ridge said...

Gorgeous features. I know what you mean about feeling like the summer is winding down after the 4th. But fall is always something to look forward to!

Ricki Treleaven said...

How can you not love the Mod Mix Inspiration this week? I pinned it to Happy Rooms! LOVE the vintage bath feature….Oh, my! It is soooooo nice!

xo,
RJ

the cape on the corner said...

love all the colors in that first room. thanks for hosting!
b

Junkchiccottage said...

Thanks for hosting Nita and thank you for the feature on my TV cover up. Have a great week.
Kris

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you Nita for Mod Mix Monday 196. Have a great week.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Curtains in My Tree said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who can't accept or shake off our childhood blues
I have often wondered why we can't forget things and move on in life?

Cindi Myers said...

Sorry you are sad.
I was pretty upset myself but for totally different reasons.
(work problems)
I used to be sad about the 4th of July because everyone's family would get together and celebrate and I was always alone or going to other peoples celebrations, feeling like a a third wheel.
Now I mostly just don't think about it.
Sometimes it still gets to me though, seeing all these happy photos of people on Facebook but then later I find out it wasn't as fun as it appeared.
I wish I could help you get over this funk that you go through.
I wish there was a way you could let it go and let it be in the past and just enjoy now.
I guess that's the problem, neither of us are enjoying the now right NOW.
We need to change that and find a way.
Life is short and we will be old biddies before we know it! LOL!
We need to figure out how to have some FUN!
and to forget the stuff that happened and we can't change.
We can change our future, hopefully, and we've got to focus on the positives.
Hang in there, I know it's so much easier said than done.
But you have a lot of people out in blogland who care about you!
XOXOXO

My thrift store addiction said...

Such lovely features & thanks for the party!

Sheryl992 said...

I thought you story about why you got blue after July 4th very touching. I actually had the opposite, I would get blue when summer cam. When I was a child we had no other children to play with and my poor sister was not a good playmate for me for a number of reasons. She was younger and didn't seem to have much imagination whereas I would sail the seven seas and fight lions or I would be the ringmaster of a 3 ring circus. I would cry on the last day of school because I knew we would have a rough summer with just the two of us. So I know kind of what you are feeling. Thankfully, mine is also getting better because I love flea markets so much and I go all of the time now. I love your blog and thanks for the insight of the blogger behind the pretty pictures!!